I like the name because not so far from here in the 1850s the Eureka Stockade occurred at the Ballarat Goldfields. Most of the fabrics I used are circa 1850s reproductions, so that makes me happy.
And now... for some eye candy! I've got to finish this quilt...sigh. It's lovely. Have a closer look.
My finger is used to gauge the size of pieces.
I used pieces of velvet to add glow, lurex to look like mirror pieces, and lots of blue and white prints to give the look of broken china. I also cut up some printed cup and teapot fabrics.
All the pieces are now stitched on. I need to remove some tearaway stabiliser, then baste and machine quilt around all the pieces. FUN!! But it's not on my list of four... at the moment...