Friday 21 February 2020

Fairy QAYG number 2 for my daughter.

I was looking at the quilts on my children's beds... I have made 6 bushfire quilts this year, and my children haven't had a new quilt for almost 5 years.

So I put aside the feeling that I had to make them something super special as an heirloom, and decided to make something quick they will love and enjoy while they are young enough!

Take 2 of the fairy QAYG started for Miss almost 9.


I had another panel and plenty of fabric left to make surrounding blocks.


These are her colours, and I've finished the quilt, I just need to get it hung up for a full photo. 

The night she lay in bed under it for the first time she was snuggled under it so happy, and she said "Are you sure the bushfire kids don't need this quilt Mummy?" My heart melted, because she really was happy under it, but was offering it to others. I told her I had made 6 for the bushfire kids, and I would make more during the year, but I had made this one for her especially, and her eyes were like laser beams of love. My dear Shelley x

No comments: