Rosie, Sandra, Andrea and I have been going to quilt history lessons for a few years now. About 2 years ago I was browsing in a quilt shop (who doesn't?) and I spied the new Jane Austen fabric range. I made a few phone calls and left the shop with fabric for all of us.
Jane Austen's quilt is made from pieced diamonds with broderie perse on the centre diamond. I wanted to include diamonds, but not actually cut them out, so I designed this quilt and made it completely from triangles. I chose the easy way out with no applique, so I added the unusual border.
Andrea has made a lone star quilt (diamonds), but I think she wants to applique in the spaces around the star.
Sandra has appliqued in the centre of a stack of diamonds, I think she is up to putting it together.
Rosie made a whole lot of four-patches and plans to applique across the top.
I am the only one finished because I took the easy way out, but I am happy it is finished. They are ahead of me in our other challenges (1920s redwork and feedsacks - but more about them later).
Come on girls!!
Here are a few snaps from my garden yesterday: