Saturday 20 September 2008

Oh Mammy!

Uh-oh! Not only has my list of 29 UFOS remained static (I keep finding more UFOs hidden away!)... I scrummaged through the box where I was keeping one of these UFOs -free flower of the month stitchery patterns (see some finished blocks below), and found some Mammy doll stitcheries I had printed off.




I want to make the Mammy doll dresses brightly coloured in variegated stitching with almost all other stitching in plain black (I think they will need red lips).
They are traced off and ready to go. I will post pictures as I progress.
The Mammy stitcheries were originally on the same site as the flowers of the month, but they are no longer on it.
Is the term "Mammy" politically correct? These girls are gorgeous and they will brighten up my kitchen. I think that's where I will put a little wallhanging I plan to make. I have some lovely 40s inspired prints that I think will work well with them.
Sorry no time for photos! Stay tuned!

No comments: