Tuesday 8 June 2010

Belated birthday gifts...

Okay, this might not look that exciting, but imagine faux black velvet cushion covers with gold fringeing... I found a pair of them at the opp shop 2 doors down from work. I thought these would be perfect as a gift for my sister and her SO (Significant Other) to wear as aprons when entertaining Aussie guests (can you guess, they just moved to New Zealand!!).

All I had to do was stitch on some apron ties. Voila! Perfect aprons..... Well, more than a little kitsch, but I think they will love them!!

And I finally quilted the braided table runner. I wanted the quilting to look a bit New Zealand, and the batiks really help with that. Also for my sister as a belated birthday gift for her first NZ birthday....
Well, that's a load off my chest. *phew*

No comments: