Sunday 27 July 2008

Christmas Elves Challenge 2008 - miniature quilts




Pictured left is the miniature quilt I made for our challenge. Pictured below is the back of my mini quilt. I did not want to cover my quilting with a label, so I made a "hollow" label and wrote inside it.


Rules of the Challenge: the finished quilt must measure between 12" - 20" square. The quilt must have 2 borders. Binding corners must be mitred. Fabrics provided must be used (can be mixed with others). Add a quilt label with a big impact.


What a lovely time we had at our Christmas In July day! Sew sew sew! Lots of ladies made a quilt as you go table runner. I worked on a UFO that needed FOing (finishing off??). Not much to tell really, I sewed all the grey parts on. LOL!! I got really tired at about 3pm and packed up.
It must have been the roast dinner and Christmas pudding working on me!

I love how good the mini quilts all look together. I saw a great picture on a blog I love to read - Quilting With The Past http://www.lucyquilting.blogspot.com/ . It had a wall covered in mini quilts! - I have included the picture.... Anyway, now I have made 3 mini quilts, I am going to start my own wall!

How good does this wall look?

No comments: