Wednesday 13 August 2008

Addicted to yarn

Did I mention I like to knit? Not that I am addicted to knitting, but I am addicted to yarns - textures, colours, combinations.. Mmmmm yummy. I purposely bypass the yarns and beads at the big craft shows - I can't afford it and I am too weak-willed!

During June I tried fair-isle for the first time since I was a teenager (when it didn't work... I pulled too tight or too loose at the back or I had holes between the colours...) This time it worked!! Balls of wool were going everywhere as I intertwined the yarns to prevent holes.

I chose small projects that would not be too heavy on the arms and would not take all Winter to make...

The Scandinavian pattern is from a bargain book purchased at a garage sale.

The animal jumper is from a fun book I found in the library.



There are no hidden meanings in these items!! I have no plans for children in the immediate future! I'm just addicted to yarn....


2 comments:

Cathy said...

Love your Scandinavian Cardigan!! You have done a great job!! I used to knit but now am so obsessed with patchwork I really dont have the time. Cathyxx

Andrea said...

Wow - your knitting is awesome! Love the blue and white one. My knitting is on go slow - still have the Spotlight wool. Daniel and Ryan really like the big needles so it's always interrrupted! Andrea xxxx