Thursday 21 August 2008

Winter is a good time for chicken soup

Looking back at the Aussie quilt on yesterday's post - my DH asked me: Would T be happy with the gum leaves I had quilted in the border? She did ask for stipple. I started to get worried.

But the look on her face when I gave it to her yesterday swept away any concerns. She was over the moon, and quilting gum leaves into the border had never entered her mind, so she would never have asked for them. Phew!


Next thing to work on before I can start the fungly quilt is the Chicken Soup quilt from raffle blocks I won in 2004.

Don't they look good? I am going to put borders around each block then quilt-as-you-go. I think I will use up some fungly fabrics on the back too.

It was sooo cold last night that I had a doona and 3 quilts and my bedtime beanie (polarfleece) on all night! I slept under the wedding quilt, luxembourg and my vintage log cabin. Hey! That's a finish I need to post on my list for this year as well! *dance around* Well, you know what you can expect tomorrow now.

No comments: