Monday 12 October 2009

Mine! Mine! Mine!

I just loved making this quilt. The fabrics are so delicious (from the Samsara fabric range). This quilt looks like a Turkish carpet when seen in real life.

The flash blows out the colours a bit, so it doesn't look as rich here as it does in person.

The quilt top went together in a day, and Mum quilted it for me. (Thanks Mum, I love it!!).

I chose large feathery cables to reflect the simple Amish arrangement of the fabrics. After all, the fabrics are the reason for making this quilt.

I am keeping it, this quilt it Mine! Mine! Mine!

4 comments:

susis quilts said...

hi,love the colours,so beautyful fabrics,have a nice day,susi

Janet said...

The fabrics are gorgeous and you've showcased them very well with this one.

Teresa Rawson said...

Yummy fabrics...although "carpet-ish," it's too elegant to compare it to a floor covering. I'm glad you are getting to keep it!

In stitches,
Teresa :o)

Liz said...

Not surprised you're keeping it! I would too. I bought some of that fabric the other week (hmmm, I wonder where?) so nice to see it together and yes it is much richer isn't it?
Have a good week,
Lizzie
XXX