Saturday 23 August 2008

Who am I kidding?

You have GOT to have a look at this quilted servo (that's service station if you don't know how to speak Australian). Bloody brilliant!

I have no desire to make one of my own, but I do want to make a bookshelf quilt after viewing this one. I have seen them before, but this one looks 3-D. The flowers are in front of the shelves etc. Well done Jas! Want to see other quilts made by Jasmine? Also see here and here. What fun!

ARGH! Another wanna-doo! I keep finding them. At least if I keep a list I can prioritise which one to start first. Hey! That might stop me from starting something I really don't want to/don't have time to/shouldn't make. Who am I kidding? Nah!

We're off to a Quilt-In today. I wonder if I'll get much stitching done..

Who am I kidding? LOL!

I pieced this quilt (using only my stash) in January 2007 while my hand-sewing arm was sore and I made a few machine-pieced quilt tops while my DH played cricket. I saw a tiny picture of an antique quilt in a book, and this is my version of it. The border is around only 3 sides as in the original quilt. It is the scale that really makes this quilt for me.

Mum quilted it earlier this year, and I forgot to add it to my list of finished items. It was my online musing about quilts on the bed that made me remember it. Go blog! YAY! I am happy to be sharing my quilting diary. No kidding.

2 comments:

Tonya Ricucci said...

wow, this log cabin quilt is gorgeous - you did a great job. Love that quilt covered gas station too - very fun.

Andrea said...

Bloody Brilliant Log Cabin!! That is totally awesome. I just love it. Hugs, Andrea