Friday 23 January 2009

Funky Monkey gains sight

This poor monkey had no eyes since December 6th 2008. (Yes, I just looked it up on my blog to see how long he has been waiting just for eyes.) I started making funky monkey on November 21st 2008. Maybe I could attach a label to his bottom like a Cabbage Patch. LOL!!

This is one of the things I love about my blog - it is my quilting diary. I can't tell you how many times (pre-blogging) I thought back and tried to work out when I started a quilt and when I finished it (for it's label, you know...). My bugs in bottles quilt still doesn't have a label. Hmm... note to self, post a photo of that.

I love Sharyn's idea of making a quilt journal to document all of this (my book covers would do well for those). I have a couple of ideas books that I have scribbled in over the years. Perhaps I will take some photos of pages and the finished quilt sometime to show you. (OK, that thought is also filed away - not in my brain, but on my blog, VBG.) I should make more book covers for them.

Did you get a spare calendar over the New Year period? Perhaps one from the dry cleaners or something like that? I guess businesses are cutting down on such things, but you could still pick up a calendar for a good price now that the year has already started. Keep it next to your sewing machine and write in some of the ideas Sharyn suggests here.

It is such a clever idea. Although I write in this blog, I don't post every time I change a sewing machine needle. LOL!!



I have a new panel. The design was inspired by an object book from the 1940s. I am going to make a soft book from it, but the pictures would also make good blocks in a quilt.

The flash didn't go off in the bottom photo, but I can't be too picky, I haven't had time to post for days!!

I am really enjoying the warm weather - BBQs outside in the cool of the evening after a hot day.... we have been eating lots of salads, unusual combinations that we rustle up so we don't get tired of lettuce and tomato. Another warm day today, 30 degrees C (it's been 2 days in a row at 39, so it is some respite, but still certainly not gardening weather).

3 comments:

Ann Ferguson said...

Hi Lorraine, Interesting you should mention Bugs in Bottles... I have been doing a major reorganisation os my studio for new shelving. Up until now, I've stored everything in plastic tubs. I was emptying one and found a full set of Bugs in Bottles blocks in a plastic bag! They were left over after a class I was teaching in Darwin 9 years ago and I never made up the quilt. The question now is:Do I finish the project? (I've posted a photo on my blog)
Ann.

Anonymous said...

Oooh... your funky monkey is so cute... he reminds me of those funky monkeys in Madagasgar...And now he can see!! Lx

The Calico Cat said...

I am in love with that panel!