- The background must be pieced
- Only straight edge machine applique allowed (no buttonhole, no zigazg, no satin stitch etc.
- No broderie perse
- Quilt must be at least 14 inches square or a shape adding up to that measurement
- Must include some free motion embroidery
- Binding is optional
- Use at least one piece of the fabric provided somewhere in the project
You can see the free motion embroidery in this close-up.
And yes, I made more books!!! LOL!!
I am trying to make them for gifts, but my DH has said I need to keep a Dick and Jane one and a kitchen print one (I do not need any persuading!!). I thought the kitchen print books would make good recipe books.
I am going to buy more book inserts today. VBG.