Tuesday 23 September 2008

And A Parr-tridge In A Pear Treeeee

Finally! My adorable, hard-working DH is off the computer and I can put in today's blog-post!

This almost-finished item didn't hit the UFO list, PIGs list or Future list!! I started it last night and it just needs free-motion quilting around the applique and hand-stitching the opening closed at the bottom, and some beads for berries near the holly.


It's so cute! I don't think I really like the machine blanket-stitch in black though. It looks so heavy. I wonder what a nice brown would look like. I might try that next.



This partridge-in-a-pear-tree is from the latest Art To Heart book "12 days of Christmas".
I really do love Christmas, and I love small projects. Finished so quickly!!
I am really growing to like birds too - in applique and stitcheries. I might have to design something... Hmm.. what to do??
Over the last 2 days I designed a pirate quilt, a train quilt and worked out how to put The French Collection stitcheries into a nice quilt. There are so many projects I want to do...when I get a chance!!!