Friday 19 September 2008

More and more old-fashioned

Last night I worked late. Everyone I saw reminded me I am ageing. Young people were turning into young men and women. I looked into the faces of people only 5 or 10 years older than me, and I was imagining how they looked as 20 year olds.

Is 20 the age we always imagine ourselves? I have heard that's why a lot of farmers die at around age 50 of accidents on their farms. They forgot they are no longer the strapping man of 25, and try to do the physical feats that were easy in their youth.

Last night one young man looked at my name tag and saw I was married. I first met him 5 1/2 years ago when he was about 12. He looked nervous around me, but in a kind of "I hope you still respect me" way. Sometimes he is so confident. I guess it's a compliment. Was he comparing me with his parents?


Maybe I am just feeling older... and more old-fashioned.

What a lot of melancholic reflection! I am definitely ready for a holiday from work. Soon....soon...

In the meantime, here are some old-fashioneds I am happy with:






They have photographed slightly different colour backgrounds, but I have used the same fabric for all of them.

1 comment:

Karen said...

So old fashioned looking. Very nice. I just ran the patterns off.