Saturday 28 February 2009

Something old, something new.

It's nice to be back in the land of blog. VBG. I have the internet again!!

I have so much to show and tell!! Where will I start?

I met Fay in real life (do you remember she named my Eureka Chain quilt?), and Frou too!! What a lovely surprise to meet friends who say "I am Zen of Needle" or "I am Fay, I read your blog!".

I finished a quilt, and started another one!!! LOL!! Well, that's my way. Finish something so I can start something new!!


This is the Joy Of Life quilt (designed by Rosalie Quinlan during her cancer treatment - so it is very pink!). I pieced and appliqued the top in 2007. Mum just quilted it for me. The applique is outline quilted, then surrounded by freehand hearts and swirls. A feathered border completes the quilting.
Ok, that's the something "old". Now for something new!!



I bought a "Paris Holiday" panel and cut out some of the blocks. There are 15 blocks in the panel, I am using 10 in my quilt (there are some left over for a bag or two! Fun!!).




That's me on the left - all the way to Paris to buy fabric!!


It's very pink, so I wanted to churn it up a little.



I have nearly finished the quilting, but I want something to show you tomorrow!! So you will have to wait to see more!








The Ballan quilt show is on in March and the theme is France - so I might enter it in their display just for fun. Perhaps it will inspire others to be a bit whimsical! It's been a while since I made something whimsical. Have I showed you my North Pole quilt? Some other time perhaps!!

What am I working on? Here is the list of five:

  • Paris holiday
  • Christmas mice (just found it again, and am in the mood to finish it)
  • Jo Morton Little quilt (a new start, to show you later)
  • 1950s stitcheries - only 2 blocks to go before I design then make the quilt
  • friendship block for a friend (it's a secret!)

What will I finish next???

3 comments:

Karen said...

Both quilts are wonderful!

Sharyn Mallow Woerz said...

It is so good to have you up and running again! Love that applique! (hugs) Sharyn?KalamaQuilts

Janet said...

Your applique quilt is wonderful!!