Wednesday 21 October 2009

Always The Bride...

Well, I am working on the basket quilt today... (see previous post). In a moment I will be back to marking the quilt top for quilting, then I am going to baste it.

However, here is something I prepared (er... finished that is) earlier.
This is block 11 of the Civil War Bride Quilt. I am going to embroider the bird feet and eyes when I have finished the applique on all 20 blocks and borders.
I just love the fabric I used for the eggs. The shells look delicate and translucent. I am also really happy with the nest fabrics. I used a darker fabric inside the nest for shadowing and contrast, then the outside of the nest looks sort of woven.
Here's a glimpse of all my blocks (so far) together. Ooh, what a nice balance of colour!! Light, dark, soft, bold... Mmmm...
Wait until I finish the next one! It won't be long now!! Hopefully I can blog it as soon as I finish...

4 comments:

Janet said...

The six blocks together look amazing. It really is comiong along, great job. I'm loving your fabric choices.

Teresa Rawson said...

I love your CWBQ block and this basket block quilt is stunning...I can't wait to see how you quilt it! I'm attracted to quilts with brown in them for some reason right now. I've got a pink and brown repro piecing project that I work on when I need a dose of brown. It may have to wait until CWBQ is done though...that's all I can think and dream about when I'm too busy to sew.

In Stitches,
Teresa :o)

Ann Ferguson said...

Your quilt is looking SUPERB! Ann :)

ANA said...

Me gustan mucho tus trabajos, son maravillosos y colores muy bonitos. Beos Ana