Sunday 2 February 2020

The satisfying bit

Without a doubt, I am enjoying machine stitching down this part on the quilts. This, and machine stitching the binding are the most satisfying bits!


The bobbin winder on my Janome 6500 shown in this image still needs to be fixed, but I am not quite prepared to be without it.... I will have to check that the second hand machine I bought as a backup works first.

As I have almost finished the cupcake quilt, I have pulled out the next fabrics. Some gorgeous Kiwi prints.

I bought 3.5 metres of fabric from a lady on Buy Swap Sell for AUD$30, which is a bargain! And I have calculated how to make it into a quilt as you go maximising the use of the prints and not losing a lot of fabric in the seams.

It's fun to be excited about the next quilt as well!

No comments: