Monday 3 February 2020

QAYG cupcakes and allsorts

Well, doesn't this look smashing when you step back to take a look?

It's the cupcakes quilt as you go (QAYG) quilt.

I used a charcoal fabric for the sashing and binding, and boy, does it make the colour scheme ping!

Now I see the blocks like this, I see licorice allsorts. Anyone else?


And the back is also interesting. 


I've been using a wool/cotton blend batting from Matilda's Own and it's my new favourite. Not too lofty, feels soft, and doesn't beard.


Most of the blocks feature the cupcake fabric, and the others are all scraps. What a great design it is for using up scraps.

This is my #4 quilt for Oz Comfort Quilts bushfire quilt drive (find the group on facebook). Jan will want to distribute these soon, I just hope I can make some more quilts before she needs them.

No comments: