Friday 23 April 2010

Applique *sigh*

I am feeling sad that this applique block I have enjoyed doing so much is almost finished. There are only about 5 pieces left to attach, and 3 of them are pinned on.

Ahhh, look at the urn. I did not fussy cut or centre the print onto the urn. The entire fabric was pretty, so I just appliqued the urn and let the fabric do its thing.

I was supposed to do a lot of piecing on my day off... but I spent most of the day in bed, feeling unwell. The upside is, I have lots of hand sewing done (I can rest, sit and sew at the same time)... but the downside is, I need another hand project (preferably applique).

I guess I had better pull out the 12 Days of Christmas quilt blocks again, and do the 6 geese a laying....

Oh! I love applique!

5 comments:

Sasha said...

Oh I hope you feel better soon! The applique looks gorgeous!

PatchworkRose said...

I just love your block too. Gorgeous colours. Get better soon
Cheers
Lynne

Deb said...

I have been following along the start to the "almost" finish where you are sad I am very happy to see the wonderful work that has made this gorgeous block. Not to worry you will not be sad for long there is so much applique patterns in quilters world that you will be happy very soon.. can't wait to see the rest of your 12 days.
get better realllll soon

Karen said...

A beautiful block. Is this from "Love Letters"?

Kat said...

Oh, I do so love your colour choices in this block. What quilt is it from? I want to do it!!

Hope you feel better soon, but as has been said, I can't feel sorry that we got to see this lovely block almost finished so soon!