Monday 1 August 2022

Itty Bitty Progress




Oh! I adore these French General mini charm square quilts!

So soft and pretty, but they don't go with my home colour scheme at all here in the tropics.



So I am very happy to be creating itty bitty quilts from these mini charm packs as special gifts.



One is a house warming as my cousin bought her first house.


One is to celebrate my Mum's 70th birthday.


I find the mix of fast and slow so appealing. Fast machine piecing. Slow hand quilting with perle 8. Fast binding attachment. Slow hand turning the binding.

And always texture and the way it feels.

I am using a special soft batting I bought from one of the local quilt shops. Just Country Quilts (even though they're not just that), seem to have all the specialty items, including all the types of batting. 

 

No comments: