Tuesday 23 August 2022

My preferred needle turn technique


All these pumpkins have me going... my beautiful quilt hanging on the wall, pumpkins on the table... and I am inspired to make a table runner with the quilt scraps. 

I have tried many many methods of needleturn applique, but the FASTEST and the way that's programmed into my memory so much, just because I've done it so many times....


is the method using freezer paper.


The freezer paper pieces are removed through the remaining opening, as we go.


And then the last piece. 

I use YLI silk thread. 



It creates stitches that are barely noticeable.  I listened to others talk about using aurifil thread, but I didn't like it for applique in this way. The weight was so different. I really tried to persevere, but, I like what I like.


Alright! onto the next part of the table runner!

 

No comments: