Sunday 7 August 2022

Batik tiles

This is another one of those hand pieced pieces I've wanted to make. 

I'm planning this as a decorative throw pillow, as compared to a cushion. But I don't think I can stop the boys in my family from using it, squashing it, getting it dirty....


I've tossed around ideas whether to have the white in the very edge as well to create a flush edge, or whether to trim the block back to the straight point and then put a border.


I've decided to cut it flush.



I think it looks great! Next for the border.


This is the border print, I just love these colours together. It's a fresh tropical feel!



Ooh? What am I baking? A bit of food crafting....







Delicious! I wonder if I can buy spelt flour in bulk. I would like to start using it for all of my baking.

 

No comments: