Saturday 6 August 2022

My spoils from the show


As promised, I'm sharing my shop spoils from the Craft Alive fair.

I was looking for bargains, things to go with patterns I have at home, and things that I don't see in my local patchwork shops.



This jelly roll and roll of batting were absolute bargain. $15 for the bag batting, and only about $20 for the jelly. I chose red and green as those are my favourite colours.


I already have a pattern that uses this style of make, and it won't cost me two arms and legs to have a go at it. Score!!




Next, a sashiko panel and thread. I'd like to make a cushion as a special gift.






Next, some candlewick threads. I've never been interested in making it for my own bedding, but I think it's pretty, and I'd like to have a go, then gift it.




And a bargain purse embroidery kit, including the metal clasps. It's so danged pretty!


I'd best put it away with this hoop that appears to be the perfect size.

I feel like I made some fun choices, with an interesting variety. I honestly have so much fabric, it's great to have some little choices and a day out.

BTW, I didn't stay long at the Craft Alive venue. They had sold out of food by 11am. Crazy to think that they would sell out before lunch! Obviously more quilters and crafters here than anyone expected! I will remember that for next time, it's not necessarily a whole day event here.


 

No comments: