Saturday 30 July 2022

Itty Bitty quilts


An auspicious day.

Today I got to pick up my new car! The car accident had created something FOR me, and was making way for my new car to come in.




Look at that smile. 



While I was driving home, I dropped into a local quilt ship and bought this little fabric pack to make a mini quilt as a gift. I have a few special big 0 birthdays coming up, and I wont'be able to make them big quilts, but I can make small ones to go on the table or hang on a wall.



I laid out these 2.5 inch squares, then chain pieced to create rows joined with threads so that i could just stitch across the columns.


Can you see what I'm saying? It's more clear in the picture above.



And I've started hand quilting with big stitches another itty bitty.



I've made these in colours for the recipients, and just love to try making something with the cute new fabric, but don't have to spend a whole lot of money to enjoy the feel.




Beep beep yeah!!

 

No comments: