Friday 10 December 2010

New project and a new challenge

I'm a little behind with my blog posts.
At our Christmas function we received a new challenge from the Christmas Elves of the Sunbury group. The Elves have been secretly planning this challenge for the last 6 months. They made samples to show us, now we have until the Christmas in July function to undertake the challenge!

What is the challenge? To use the bias tape and the fabric supplied to make a quilted item in the "stained glass" style. Hmmm... lots of ideas are bouncing around at the moment!! I might need to shop for extra supplies!!

Here are some blocks I am making for the Garden Song sample quilt for my LQS.
This one is finished. I couldn't resist making the bird one first... I just love birds in quilts!

And this one has been started. Still some machine-applique to go (I am stitching on a few blocks at a time to reduce thread changes). And carrying the hand-stitching around with me. Each block has some words embroidered, and some have other details such as whiskers etc.

No comments: