Monday 21 September 2009

No more strawberries!

Please! No more strawberry appliques! Those pointy tips are driving me spare!! This is my fourth finished block in the Civil War Bride quilt. I wanted to show you a close-up of some of the fabric.

The cherries are especially creative, they remind me of the red and yellow cherries that grow near my house.


Here are the four finished blocks together.
I like seeing all of them together - it shows the range of colours I have used so far.
Here is my fifth block started - a peacock. There are 2 peacocks on the block, I have chosen different colours for each. The embellishment will be the embroidery on top of the head when I have finished all the applique for all the blocks.






5 comments:

Liz said...

I've yet to get to strawberries - you're scaring me Lorraine ;0)
Maybe the strawberries will be the block I switch for my groom, hhmmm, sounds good to me I'm not good on points!!

Your colours are excellent though, strawberries are pretty cool too.
Lizzie
XXX

tirane93 said...

each one of these blocks has been a show stopper - i can hardly wait to see the completed top!

Karen said...

The strawberries do seem like they would be a bit of a challenge after a while, but you are doing them justice.

Janet said...

Stunning blocks, this project is getting more tempting by the post. It looks like you did good on the strawberries.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic looking quilt... I love applique, but I am not sure if I love it that much. Great work!
Katie