Sunday 20 September 2009

I found a UFO...

I found this UFO in a box in the shed. Don't worry, the box is plastic and therefore waterproof, dustproof and rodent proof (well to a point, obviously if they decide to chew the box I am in trouble).
This is from a Lil' Blokes pattern "Red Shoes and Twirly Skirts". I think I made this quilt top in about 2004. LOL!! Now, why did I find it? I was looking for the hexagon quilt my Mum started in the 1970s - I finished the top in the 90s. Why was this quilt top in the same box?

I will give Mum the hexagon quilt top to quilt at some stage.... but she's got plenty to do at the moment!!!

5 comments:

Janet said...

It's calling you to be finished, lol. Isn't it sweet.

Deep Creek Quilter said...

I remember both those projects. I haven't seen the hexagon top finished yet. That was made out of left over fabrics from dresses made for Lorraine and her sister in the 70's . It is a must see for all you gals out there .You can just picture the "pretty dresses"!!!
Wilma : alias mumsy. LOL

tirane93 said...

what a darling little quilt top!

Quilty Cat said...

I remember seeing that Lil Blokes project in progress. Seems a lifetime ago. C

Karen said...

What a cute quilt! Sort of folk art looking.