Thursday, 1 June 2017

Centre stage

Yesterday at the LQS Social Sewing class I put my head down and bum up, as we say here in Australia.

All 4 photos taken separately, and so vary in sizes in the pictures

Finally! All four centre blocks have their baskets on, the baskets were placed carefully, then each block was trimmed.

Then two edges of twinkles were added to each block.

Hurrah! They are all up to the same stage now.

I also made a prototype block to go next to the basket, and I am happy with those... And so, onto the next part!

Today I machine foundation pieced 27 more twinkles, and 36 half square triangle pairs. These need ironing and cutting down (trimming) before photography. I am hoping to get stuck into them tomorrow!

I am still happily hand embroidering the Secret Garden blocks in the evenings....

And today Secret Garden pattern part 5 came out. We are to make 40 4in blocks. Having no idea where they go, as it is a Mystery Quilt, I am enjoying the fresh ideas that are coming as to whether I reverse the background and contrast fabrics, or what to use for fabric fabrics, or whether to replace the background fabric (I purchased 3 different fabrics to use as the background). However. It makes no big difference insofar, as I am nowhere near finished block 4, and am back at the embellishing stage on the first 3! Oh! It brings me joy to keep nearing my goals on these two huge projects!

Linking up to Esther's blog (designer of this quilt).

No comments: