Friday 10 February 2017

Leaf it with me

There are a lot more  leaves on the first block of Secret Garden than first glimpsed.


Everything shown on this block is now stitched down.

Because the block is so big, the  applique pieces look relatively easy. But once you start cutting, starching and glueing, there really are a lot of pieces!

By tonight, I am hoping to have all the leaves cut out and glued on so that I can play with flower fabric choices.

The next block of Diamond Hill is due to be released in about 5 days. I have a feeling that I am going to keep up with the preparation of the appliques of both quilts, even if I don't keep up with the monthly stitching every month. That's ok. Diamond Hill goes for 7 months, and some of that looks like machine piecing.

By the end of the year, I would love to have Diamond Hill completed, and a few of the quick kids quilts on my finished quilts list. I can totally see it happening!

No comments: