Tuesday 21 February 2017

A little bit of excitement

I was lucky enough to get to the local quilt shop on the first day of their Wideback sale! Yay!!

I found this smashing print for the Diamond Hill basket and on point squares....  I even got enough for the binding.... it looks perfect....
 
And I thought I could add a little more to the collection for the two Esther quilts...



Two Tula Pink snail fabrics for fussy cutting leaves for Alice's garden...

A big rabbit print for the white rabbit with a watch....


A couple more fairy frosts and shimmers for Diamond Hill - yes... yellow and pink will be a welcome addition...

This whacky black and white print hurts the eyes to look at it, but it's going to be wild flowers in the Secret Garden, with so much movement, and a little bit more Fairy Frost in other colours..

because it just glows... and I think the more choice I have when stitching flowers, the easier it will be to choose the fabrics that make a zing.

I also found backings for these two quilts... such a great find! everything is coming together! Now all I have to do is sew!


No comments: