Sunday 26 February 2017

In the background

All it takes is a little bit of attention each day, and your projects keep moving forward.

It's so much easier when others are also working on the same project. Online stitch alongs are like my quilt community at the moment, and I am so grateful. I am thankful for the opportunity to see everyone's fabric choices, and colour pallettes.

I am very surprised at the number of quilts being made with Fairy Frost. Yes, I am using it too, making a quilt for an older woman. Maybe it's more appealing to the older market with eyes that need the extra twinkle in the fabric for definition and contrast... or maybe it's because now that more shops have them in stock we can source them easily!

This is my first time using the Fairy Frost. I had no idea it was so popular. I bought a few little pieces of 20cm or 30cm to start a pallette for the two BOMs with Esther, with plans to use one of the shimmery vanilla ones in the border of Diamond Hill. I can see it twinkling already!

All of the tendrils and light coloured leaves are stitched on the second block of Diamond Hill now. Time to add some flowers I think. Although I find the more pieces I baste on, the stiffer the block is from the glue and the spray starch - it's the first time I've ever used this method of applique.


And in the background, mostly stitching in the car when I am occasionally chauffeured around by my sweetheart... is the ever growing Red Brolley redwork for the Christmas quilt.


Slowly, slowly, the redwork grows.

I really must get around to looking for the missing bolt of fabric to catch up on the Labyrinth quilt stitchalong. Eek!

No comments: