Sunday 8 January 2017

Up to date

I am grateful for a delightful Friday night sewing with friends. It felt lovely to stitch while the dinner was cooking, to grab a few minutes between childrens' bedtime and  watching a bit of the Labyrinth movie with the older ones...

I felt like I was smiling over a cup of tea and looking at my stitching friends... and that was just what I needed.



overheard while watching The Labyrinth.. Miss 5: That Goggling King is never, ever getting our baby

I actually finished the Sarah block from The Goblin King stitchalong, and started a Red Brolley stitchery which is just warming my heart.

Now that I am between challenges for Project Quilting, waiting for next one, and finished my weekly Goblin King block, I felt like rewarding myself with the start of the Christmas redwork wallhanging.

In terms of goals at the moment:
1. Project Quilting challenges (particularly using some rather gorgeous Christmas fabrics if possible)
2. The Goblin King stitchalong
3. Red Brolley Christmas redwork quilt
4. Finish the 12 days of Christmas birds quilt
5. Finish the 12 Christmas pear decorations
6. Have the Time For Love flimsy quilted
7. Ooh! And some Star Wars fabric is burning a hole in it's shopping bag... I have a plan!

4 comments:

kiwikid said...

Beautiful stitchery Lorraine, I like the Santa one too, I think I have that waiting to be done in a drawer!!

Linda in Calif. said...

Your stitchery turned out lovely. And Yes - you have to get the Star Wars fabric made into something!

Quiltingchemist said...

Beautiful stitching. The Christmas Jingle looks fun!

BizarreQuilter said...

Thank you Sue, Linda and Quilting Chemist. I appreciate your comments.