Thursday 12 August 2010

Round and er... around...

I finished the last 4 blocks for the next round of Lizzie Mae's medallion quilt, then joined them into strips. However, I have only stitched one side onto the centre yet.


I have been thinking of new things I would like to start (like this Oceanica fabric and the Gee's Bend quilt), and what I would like to finish this year. Let's have some goals.

Now that I have finished the 1950s quilt (including label!!), I would like to finish the 12 Days of Christmas (needs final applique and stitchery border), Alice In Wonderland, Lizzie Mae's Medallion, all nine Little Lori Smith quilts, I Believe wallhanging, Rural Jardin fat quarter quilt, the baby quilt for Mikey's prem baby, and something else Christmassy (I haven't even started it yet!!)...... and that's just what I can think of right now!! I am sure something else will come up.

Sometimes I wonder if I will ever become tired of making quilts and quilty things. But, no. There are just too many new things to try and start, that I could never become bored.

I would really like to make something from string pieced bits. Check out this photo from the new Kaffe Fasset book "Simple Shapes". I could really burn up some scraps on something like this!!


These are both string pieced, then cut and pieced again. I really like that idea.

Oh yes! And my new stitchery design... I haven't even started to stitch it yet!!

No comments: