Sunday 8 August 2010

I had a dream...

Last night I dreamt about these quilts... well, about making my own actually. I dreamt about the fabric - my LQS has the Gee's Bend Collective fabrics on the bolt.
I imagined it as a "one day" quilt. Not, I will make it one day, but I will make it in one day.

I dreamt that Mum basted the quilt for me on her longarm machine using soluble thread, and I quilted it on the machine.


I think I should use scissors, no rulers, no rotary cutters, just like the Gee's Bend women.



I would like to use fabrics in Amish tones from the Gee's Bend fabric range. Okay, maybe tomorrow night I will dream I have enough time to do it!!

This is what I sewed last night before I went to bed dreaming. A little bit of work on Lori Smith miniature "Simply Charming".
I am trying to finish this little quilt top before Wednesday. Wish me luck!!

No comments: