Thursday 30 June 2022

Spoils at the Show

These three Santas were the ones I made from real wool felt using the May Blossom pattern at a local quilt shop class. Not that I needed the class, but I was looking for friendship that I missed from my best friends in Melbourne who are quilters.





Quilt groups just aren't so big up here, probably because it's hot.


My little boy won firsts prize for his diamond painting card. This is going in a frame!

This was a handmade reindeer that will go on display every year now. Pattern was by Colly's Creations.




My pumpkin quilt, "The Raven" designed by Blackbird Designs, won Champion Quilt. I will take better photos when it's at home. The plastic covering is to ensure it doesn't get dusty or bird droppings on I guess.


Wow, feeling so humbled.


This one didn't get a look in. I was very surprised. The level of difficulty was way up there.




A few of my altar cloths went in as well.



I just put them in to make up the numbers really




I truly loved creating this quilt, and felt empowered while making it. Mum did a spectacular job custom quilting it. I will show details in a later post.


Something good has been turning around for us, what a time it's been! Someone crashed into me recently, I got a brand new hire car on their insurance, and I feel like something amazing is happening. I can't wait to see what happens next.

 

No comments: