Wednesday 8 June 2022

Almost show time

 It's almost local agricultural show time and Mum (Deep Creek Quilting in Vic. Australia) has express posted these quilts to me so that I can bind them in time to enter the show.



(This blue one is "Tis The Season" stitcheries by Natalie Bird, with my own quilt setting.

They often seem to end up last minute, although that's not my intention!

Why do I enter the show?




I noticed the craft and baking sections were incredibly small at the Townsville Show. I promised myself to enter at least something into baking or craft each year, so that this aspect of the show would still exist when my children are old enough to participate, and maybe my grandchildren.


If we don't enter these things, they will just drop away!

I have to get my skates on to hand stitch the binding down.


The baptist fans look beautiful on this  rendition of a selection of blocks from Tula Pink's 100 modern quilt block book.

No comments: