Monday 13 June 2022

A Christmas finish.


Final reveal of "Tis The Season" stitchery design by Natalie Bird of Birdhouse Designs, I designed the quilt top myself, and it's been quilted Edge to Edge by Deep Creek Quilting in Vic by my Mum, Wilma.


When I saw this fabric, I knew I had to make something with it, so I looked through my future project stack, and found this little pattern book. That's how I estimated fabric quantities before buying. 

That mini range of fabric went so fast, I only just got some.




There she is. Hanging on the wall, getting the creases out, preparing to hang in the Townsville Agricultural Show.



A couple more close ups of the stitchings.


While they are very soft and pretty, I've concluded that I won't use a variegated thread that goes through so many colour extremes. Very dark and very light. What colour background do they work on anyway?

Theres enough of this gorgeous fabric to make some more little somethings, so I can group like colours together at Christmas.

I worry a little, that I am getting too many Christmas colour themes, then I remember that when you have 3, they all must go together really well. When you have 30, they have a mind of their own.

Cheers to my tradition of creating more Christmas pieces each year!


 

No comments: