Friday 25 May 2012

Friday night sewing... so it's crappy weather, and Fiona has a cold... well.. I'll sew on my own!
I traced off 19 foundation piecing thingees ready to stitch, and now that I've made two of  'em, I realise I've miscalculated and drafted. They don't work! There is no way those seams are going to match... Well, it's Friday night, and my brain won't work.....

I'll have to redraft on Tuesday when I've got Andrea's brain to lean on! So... what to do...

I've been looking at this magazine, and drooling over a quilt.. imagining it in all sorts of colourways....



 So, I cut up some Australian Aboriginal prints to make a test block. I love it!!

One block took 45 minutes, another 29 to go to make this quilt....

Ooh! And here's the magazine in case you want to make it too...

1 comment:

antique quilter said...

great block! oh I love that quilt too!
the red and white X and long strip I have used for sashing and a corner stone, looks wonderful in a quilt but your right it takes a bit of tweaking to make it all line up good luck!
Kathie