Sunday 8 November 2009

A little update

Just a little update on the Broken Dishes quilt. I made these over the last 3 days. Each block is made of 2 colours and measures 2 inches finished.

This is the second little quilt in the Simply Charming series by Lori Smith. I am rotary cutting and machine piecing this quilt.

I only have 2 more rows to make, then the border goes on, and that's another one!! YAY!!

Next I need to work on the 1950s quilt top, and I would like to finish the Countdown To Christmas.

Yikes! I've got a bit to do!!

4 comments:

Janet said...

I love the broken dishes pattern, I've made a minit but I'd love to do a full size one. Your fabrics look great.

I Purr-Furr to Craft said...

it is looking great, well done

Jayne Honnold said...

I am working on a Broken Dishes quilt, and I have a question for you. I read somewhere that on blocks like this with many points converging on a center, that it is a good idea to press seams open. Are you doing that? I have made several blocks for my project by pressing to one side, but I think on the next one I do, I will see wha I think of pressing open. I'd love to get your take on this!
Jayne

antique quilter said...

this has always been one of my favorite quilt patterns
I made one last year and I still LOVE looking at it everyday, maybe I need to make a little one too, mine is full size!
Kathie