Friday 18 August 2017

In the zone

It's Wednesday. My new design is ready: the first rainbow unicorn quilt in the "magical and mythical" series has been appliqued, pieced, and basted into a quilt sandwich.

Time to quilt it.

Made using Kaffe Fasset Collective fabrics and Fairy Frost, it glitters and glows.

The rainbow stripes are added in the correct order.... and it is exciting to sew!

Feeling totally in the zone.... today I also started tracing off the applique pieces for the borders of Diamond Hill. There's not really that much to go - the quilt is about 3/4 made. Christmas in July has passed, and costumes in August has also passed... let's get back to Esther's two quilts.. BECAUSE...

yesterday she released another new FREE BOM pattern!! Ohhhh my goodness!! EEEEEEEEE.

And so I am wanting to finish Diamond Hill very quickly now, so that I can start the new wallhanging. I see it in Kaffe Fasset fabrics... adding colour and coolness.... Yes... very exciting.

Enjoy your stitching everyone! See you at Esther's blog, getting the next free pattern!




Ok.. now it's Friday, and the quilt is finished and bound!



Whee!!


I JUST LOVE this quilt. I am excited to make more in this theme.

2 comments:

Jo said...

Love how it's quilted too

tirane93 said...

this quilt is marvellously expressive of the "yay unicorns" perspective. excellent interpretation and a darling quilt!