Tuesday 5 May 2015

Swedish baby quilt update

Just a bit of applique added so far. The outer stem is completely sewn down.
 In this photo you can see the music notes on the stem fabric.
I am particularly fond of the appliqued moose. It looks quite striking in real life. Unfortunately this quilt is not going to photograph well - it is going to look better in real life every time.

I've also stitched a few bits and pieces from the "Little Chicken Feather" book for the Baby Girl Quilt for our friends baby due in 5-6 weeks.

And I've bought some fabrics and found some free redwork patterns at patternbee.com  to make prizes for the Biggest Morning Tea raffle prizes. My new MIL runs a huge morning tea, and her usual raffle prize donor is no longer working due to injury and therefore cannot donate the prizes this year. I have decided to make some stitched heat pads/oven mitts, a tablerunner, and some Christmas banners.

I can see myself quite, quite busy this next month, as the morning tea is now only a couple of weeks away. Oh my! I've done it again!!!

2 comments:

Jo said...

Why don't you make some 15 minute table runners... No wadding needed. Only a 12" & 18" strip of fabric and maybe 2 buttons. Or some thread scrap bags out of scraps. ,air in less than an hour.
Lots of ideas for small quick gifts. Casserole carriers, double ended oven mitts,journal cover. Covered coathangers. There are so many ideas

BizarreQuilter said...

Ooh! Jo I knew you'd have ideas!

It's operating without a big stash that's the thing...

Oven mitts and table runers are definitely the go I think.