Monday 17 July 2023

Slow stitching is back



Ok, so my facebook memories tell me that a year ago I spent over 8 hours tracing out diamond shapes using a Jen Kingwell template for handpiecing.



I chose these fabric at Quilty Desires before that. I guess Halloween happened, then Christmas, then I had to find a rental, then moved and cleaned the new house from top to bottom!



It's so interesting that I've picked this up again in the last week, like my own consciousness antenna was picking up that it's been a year.

Or... it could be that I've finished the sentinelles hand stitching, so I was looking for a hand project for the odd evening I have a few minutes down time.

Actually, I think that's why hand stitching, or slow stitching as it's called is fundamental in creating a body of work. It's small amounts of time over long periods. It's not using precious moments so set up and put away.

It's making the most of the moments every day, and having something to show for it.

Imagine the benefits if we applied this concept to other parts of our lives?



 

No comments: