Saturday 8 July 2023

Here Kitty Kitty

In the hustle bustle of packing, trying to find a rental in a housing crisis, moving, cleaning two houses, we completely missed the arts and crafts deadline for the Townsville Show this year.

However, we did enter the cooking section for the first time! I won a couple of ribbons. Wow! (Especially because one lady seems to enter every single category and wins them).

And the 7yo kiddo won the Junior Cook Champion award, which was a sash, and he walked away with $69 in prize money! (Okay, I bought the ingredients and paid the entry fees, but that's a Mother's gift).

The confidence he earned from that will never be spent.


We've been organising the garden. It's a rental, so everything is in pots.



I've ordered some bare rooted trees. We will buy big pots/plastic rubbish bins and some good soil and mulch to kickstart our own produce trees. 

It's always been important to me, and with a 7yo, I feel  it's even more important to instill the feeling of growing your own.

Last update on these blocks for a while... I am starting art school next week, I don't know when I will get to pick these up again. It's going to be a busy time!


More blocks with Tabby Road and other Tula fabrics.


Made using patterns from Tula Pink's book "100 Moderen Quilt Blocks".


I so enjoy collaging colours and patterns.

I feel I will also love this in my art works.

I'm a little nervous, apart from designing some appliques, I haven't really drawn anything since year 9, 35 years ago.


 Bye by for a while, blocks.


This quilt WAS going to be a surprise for the kiddo, but it's not a surprise anymore!


Luckily he realises these things don't happen overnight.


Thinking out loud: it's his birthday in 3 months. Bit too close to have it completed and quilted by Mum (Deep Creek Quilting)....


Total of 23 blocks made. I think I will call the quilt "HereKittyKitty"

No comments: