Wednesday 12 August 2020

Our own spirit animals


I found some gorgeous digital prints of Australian animals, and some packs of real Australian indigenous art fabrics.


I've added a border in the indigenous fabric, and now quilting details.

The fabric is so soft. I must look up the features of koala as a spirit animal. I decided to free hand stitch gum leaves into the border, ah, leaves are one of my favourite things to quilt.


More spirit animals: these wolves are so sparkly. Stitching and painting the fabric prints really transform these into something special.





Here is one of our own spirit animals. Ming Ming can smell mince and is waiting for her bit from Daddy.

So is "Baby Cat" who is no longer a baby, but that was his name!


We have 2 dogs and 2 cats. What are your spirit animals?

 

No comments: