Monday 1 June 2015

Fun with hexagons

Oh! I am LOVING hand piecing hexagons.....
 Four flowers have been stitched. I love the blend of soft and bold colours and prints.
So bright and fresh for a baby quilt.

Going on retreat this Long Weekend I am preparing more hexies to sew. I plan to take knitting too (baby cardigan), and a Civil War Bride applique block. We are getting there by ferry, and I don't fancy this pregnant woman will be easily able to lug along a big sewing machine. And so, handwork we have. I am quite tempted to take some superhero fat quarters along and make a fat quarter quilt... but really.. hmm... that will require more thinking....

Also thinking ahead, I am wondering about hand sewing after Baby is born. There will be no space to machine sew until our new home is finished (months later). I'd like to prepare lots of handwork for a time when I imagine I will enjoy quiet relaxing time just for Mummy. Applique and stitchery will be ideal. I am currently researching and found this smashing book Quilt A New Christmas.


 I particularly love the Christmas stockings.....
 And the bird table runner or wallhanging...

These projects would be wonderful from fat quarter packs or 5 inch squares.
Anyway, I think I'll have to get the book.... It's Love.

No comments: