Sunday 4 December 2011

Christmas Sew-In

Yesterday I made new friends at Susan's "Christmas Sew-In'. Susan and I have been friends via an Australian online group Southern Cross Quilters (SCQuilters) for years. Now we are friends on facebook too. So when she created a facebook event, I was invited... (bonus! Susan only lives an hour away)..







Hmmm.. hand-sewing. It's been a while since I had to prepare anything... I took the vintage flowers stitchery quilt (hand-stitching to attach the binding)... but didn't get much of that done. Hahahaha.

I took part of the Kaffe Fasset mystery quilt I've been working on - I stitched on one star.



This is the only part of the quilt I am allowed to show you, as it will be a mystery project at my LQS.


I took the Basket Case quilt blocks and a Clover flower maker in case I felt like making flowers (never got up to it).


I completed hand-stitching one of the sides of this bag. I'm not going to make the bag. I'm going to adapt the pattern to make a wallhanging with 4 shop fronts in a double-story arrangement. I just love the little stitcheries, but, I know I wouldn't use it as a bag.
These pics are from the Whatnot Bag by Bronwyn Hayes.

I am going to make the Whatnot Wallhanging.


And of course, we ate, we drank (ginger beer for me), we enjoyed a tour of Susan's Christmas-decorated home. Oh wow. Lots and lots of Christmas trees. She takes 2 weeks to set up her Christmas display. I felt so special to be invited.

In Susan's home. We each selected a crocheted snowflake from her displays to take home to hang in our own tree...

No comments: