Friday 26 February 2010

Doing it my way.

I am all over the place with these blocks...

Here are 2-turtle-doves finished!! Ta-da!

It used to be one of my least favourite blocks in the quilt, but I changed it a bit and I am much happier. I used clusters of french knots for the flowers....
and I used chain stitch for the cage hook, and for the tail feathers.
I also changed the colour of the cage from cream to a light green that would be visible.
I feel liberated!! What else can I do my way???
Oh, this is one of the blocks for the "Twelve Days Of Christmas" quilt designed by Viv's Creations. You will need to google the actual word twelve, not the number in order to find it... Have fun kiddos...

2 comments:

Kerry said...

I really like your personal design modifications! Great to see each block as it gets done, can't wait to see the whole quilt finished.

Karen said...

A gorgeous block! The embroidery certainly adds to the design.