Wednesday 1 April 2009

Like sands through the hourglass... these are the days of our lives...

On her blog Karen has pictured some really WOW tools she made. I am so inspired!! I just love quilter's blogs!! I want some of those really cute ribbons...

It's been a while since I got to look around anyone's blog much. I am working a lot at the moment as I have made a career change. I took a year's leave from secondary school teaching.... I don't think I will ever go back. I am loving my new career as a business owner!!!

I made the hourglasses for a border on the Little Women medallion quilt.




I am trialling fabric to go between the sawtooths (is that sawteeth?) and the hourglasses.



nice, but too pale



definitely needs to be darker





the purple on the right isn't quite right, I quite like the pink on the left




I am really looking forward to my quilting retreat on the weekend!!!

2 comments:

Janet said...

Looking stunning. I'm enjoying your journey with this quilt and love hearing about your fabric choices.

Anonymous said...

This is a beautiful little quilt. I love all the fabrics you've chosen and put together.