Monday 16 May 2022

Grunge days


I've jumped on this project from 2015 with renewed vigour and verve.

I feel like finishing things!!

What a great feeling it is to finish something, (rather than just start more new things). 

I knew a lady once that would spend $400 on quilt materials, get right into it, then buy and start another project. I didn't see her finish anything! 



I was in one of the local quilt shops when I saw this cushion made from EPPiflex clam shells. 

Well, I've always wanted to do clam shells, ever since i made a mini clam quolt a very long time ago.

So I bought the eppiflex special guide to ensure the clams line up evenly in a pleasant way.   The idea with the EPPiflex is that they are flexible reuseable plastic,  which really suits me! I love the way of creating hexies using plastic from ice cream bucket lids.  So I bought the clam shapes as well. 

I have plenty of fabric already right? 


Back to my grunge project... these little clips are such a delight to use!


And this is my progress on my very own stitchery design. 


All moving forward!

💛Rainey 

 

No comments: