Sunday 24 May 2020

Winter Day



Brrrr, it's cold enough to wear slippers, jeans, and a jumper here in the subtropics. So it's the perfect time to bake!



Apple and walnut scrolls. Mmmm. The mostly clement weather here in far north Queensland has me making much more with yeast than I would have attempted when I lived in Victoria.


Before breadmakers came along in the late 90s, I can recall only one time we made something using yeast, and we had it sitting in front of the heater to rise then prove! Only once I saw my parents baking their own bread. It was way too cold.


It's so cold that super dog is shivering, so he's wearing an old jacket that was the little boy's and an old coat that was the old boy's.




Now he's not shivering, he can walk around. But I will keep him here so I can keep an eye on him. Bit of carpet on the concrete to keep him warm. Little love.



All this baking means I only have one altar cloth made, but it's a beauty! I have a few of this fabric, I predict it will go well.

You can find me at Sew Rainey Sew on facebook.










 

No comments: